Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pereginaje


Where do I start?
It has been one, if not the most amazing experience of my life.
I got to pray at the Shirne's many time, in fact I got to be at the Shrine of the Blessed Beauty by myself for about an hour i would dare to say. :) lucky me!!!!

The trip there was really interesting... one of the turbines of the plane exploted as soon as the plane took off so we had to return to the airport in CR. (all the firecars and ambulances were there wainting for us) not a nice experience but I was so focus on getting to Haifa that all I could think was: please continue the flight we might make to US!! jejej

So they put me on another flight that was leaving aroun 1pm... so is 1pm and we are sitting in the plane and nuthing happens, so we wait and wait... the plane was bad.. AGAIN!! so we got out of the plane without knowing if I was going to make it to US or not.

Finally they took the part that was bad from plane A and put it on Plane B and he happily took off around 6pm... 12 hours later from the time i got to the airport.... nice!! well finally i made it to US , Tel Aviv, and finally to Haifa... I was tired and had to go straight to the Pilgrim Reception Center. From here on everything was just perfect.

I got to be in one of the english groups because for the first time in history there was 70 hispanics pilgrims... so 3 of us had to be place in other groups. This was nice in the sense that I got to share with the people of my group, the persian group (we were in the same bus) as well as the people in the spanish group! (thanks to Mawe that coneceted me with them)

There was so many youth, almost everynight we went for coffee and it was hard to talk to everyone cause we were about 20 (maybe more) in a table... I know we shouldnt have been sitting all together but we are latinos... hard to keep us separated jiji!!

Visiting the holy places was amazing, so much I felt and lerned! The feelings you get there are undescribeble so I wont even try to do so... All I can say is that everyone should apply for Pilgramage and the sooner the better the younger the better cause is a little tireding (fisicamente) and mentally. It is a blessing that we as bahais should not deprived our selves.

I was blessed also with the fact that I was able to share this perfect experience with friends like Saskia and Mawe and of course the friends I made there (Ralph, Shogi, Roya, Vladimir, Ernesto among others). Althoug I would like to go again with my family!

At night we had Talks (2) with the Hand of the Cause, Dr. Varqa and others with members of the UHJ and the ITC. I could summarize the content of this by saying they all said everynight: study the letter of december 27 and request for Pilgramage if you havent done it.

I have so many stories and anectodes but it would take me forever to writte this so I will stop here hoping that one day maybe we can have a cup of coffe and I will tell you guys more.

Just one last thing: the faces and names that basicly all of you came to my mind when praying at the Shrines, and some of you just came over and over to my mind, like you couln't get enough prayers :) that was nice!!!

Pictures will be posted as soon as I figure out again how to upload them... jijiji!!

No comments: